Thursday, January 18, 2007

Brown and the BB debacle

Earlier in the week Gordon (I want to be PM so bad it hurts) Brown sets off to India, he has a shopping list of issues: meet Manmohan Singh, discuss improving relations with Pakistan, trade talks, oh and Celebrity Big Brother!?!

It would be funny if not so sad and serious - I'm not sure what irritates and concerns me more. The fact that their is clear ignorance, racist undercurrents, on a primetime T.V. show that is watched by millions. That the show is getting worldwide publicity, or that Channel 4 are rubbing their hands with glee at increased ratings. Argh!!

If it were up to me I'd have the show removed permanently, trash T.V. at it's worst.

I feel sorry for Brown his big chance to shine abroad and they are burning effigies of Channel 4 producers in the streets. At least when they were doing that with Blair it was over an ill-faited invasion.

The PM must be grinning from ear to ear at Brown's predicament, in fact I half expect Tony to come bursting out of the fat suit of Jade Goody.... maybe then I'd tune in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home